Friday, June 27, 2008

4 & 5 Year Old Athletics...Best Team in History!

The Murray City Athletics in the T-Ball Division 2008 will go down in the history books as one of the great teams in history! Many people may think of the 49ers from the 80's or all of the great Yankees teams in baseball...but I firmly believe that this team could beat any of them!


I have really enjoyed coaching these kids and getting to know their families. We have had 2 games a week since the beginning of June and have 3 games left before the season ends. Grace has had so much fun and has already grown and progressed so much during this short time.

Daddy "Coach" and Grace!


I love the smile Grace and all of the other kids have on their face while they play. This is such a great game and to see them all take a shot at it while so young is awesome! I told all of the parents at our first meeting/practice that if these kids have fun and pick up some skills and ALL want to play again next year...then we have all done our job!



Here is the goofy picture! Not a ton different than the other one...LOL!

UPPER ROW (L to R): Asst. Coach Nick (everyone ignore the Ute shirt...yuck!), Timothy, Easton, Jaden, Gracie, Kylie, Kyler, Coach Cullimore (Coach of the Year winner...LOL!)

BOTTOM ROW (L to R): Camden, Mason, Grace (so cute!), Braeden, Grady, Ashton

This team will go down in the history books...this is where legends are born!

5 comments:

Ang Ballard said...

WE TOTALLY DO HAVE THE BEST COACH EVER! T-BALL REALLY HAS BEEN SO MUCH FUN AND DEREK YOU REALLY ARE A GREAT COACH- SO PATIENT AND ENCOURAGING WITH THE KIDS. THANKS!

Jana said...

Looks like a great time. I can't wait until Tanner is old enough to play.

King Family said...

looks great...i can imagine that derek is super patient with the kids...way to go!

The Barb Chronicles said...

You have the cutest little family. I love your blog. Glad I found it, hope all is well with your family and hope to see you soon. Love, Barb

Tiffany said...

Looks great Derek. I know you have been dreaming your whole life of one day coaching your childs baseball team! We've got to get our girls out playing ball too!
Tyler