Wednesday, January 2, 2008

The Countdown Is On...

...the only problem is we don't know how many days to include on the countdown. Grace was born 10 days early and I hit 37 weeks on Monday, so ... we will see when little Ryan decides to show himself. Grace is so excited for him to come. We attended a Super Siblings class at St Marks (the hospital where we are having Ryan) and Grace loved it. She will be such a good big sister. Someday we will have a house big enough that they can each have their own room (hopefully), but for now they are going to be roommates. We spent a lot of time over the past couple of weeks getting situated for his arrival and made a lot of progress. Derek was so much help, especially with all of the heavy lifting and a lot of the physical stuff. It is great that we have so many clothes for him already, Grace loved helping me sort through everything a couple of days ago, she is such a good helper! We will let all of you know when there is news! I had a check-up today and everything is looking good! Love ya!

Grace loves wearing this funny visor from preschool all around the house, too!

Here is the pile of clothes for Ryan

Ryan's crib (we have since cleaned the stuff out of it and from around it :))

Every night after prayers Grace gives hugs and kisses to mommy and daddy. She also always kisses Ryan (mommy's tummy) and says "Good night Ryan, I love you! Have good dreams about babies!"

4 comments:

Jana said...

I'm sure Grace will be a super sibling! we hope the rest of the pregnancy goes well. We look forward to an announcement.

Anonymous said...

Derek, My wife does a majority of the blogging but I was going over some old posts and I saw your comment. Somehow I missed it the first time around. It is a small world. It was fun to here from you. I barely recognized you when I first got to your site. It is hard to believe that it has been that long since we served together. I hope all is going well with you and your family.
-John Denney

Anonymous said...

Grace is so cute. We are excited for your family. Keep us posted on his arrival.

Kenna said...

Melinda I was so excited to get your Christmas card in the mail as well. I was afraid I had lost contact with you when our email account was closed before I could get all the email addresses written down! I'm so glad that I had the right address for you! Congratulations on having another little one! You look Fabulous!! Grace is so cute, she reminds me so much of you:) We should definitely get together sometime, I would love that...it's been such a long time, it would be fun to catch up! Good luck with all your soon to come baby happenings:) Keep in touch
Kenna