It has been a bit of a roller coaster weekend, to say the least. Ryan Geoffrey Cullimore was born on Friday, January 18th at 7:11pm. He weighed in at 7lbs. 13 oz. and 19 1/4 inches long. He has lots of red hair, we cannot believe how much thick hair he has. On Saturday night when they were doing the usual lab workups they discovered he had a fever. His temp had risen to a concerning level. They have been running all sorts of tests on him and the blood results are showing he has an infection. They are unsure at this point the extent or nature of the infection, but they are concerned enough that they decided that they needed to to a spinal tap. They tried to do a spinal tap yesterday (on Sunday), but were unable to get any spinal fluid. They are trying again on Tuesday, January 22nd. They are testing to hopefully rule out meningitis. Melinda has been discharged from the hospital, but they are saying that Ryan will likely have to stay for 7 days at least. Your prayers would be greatly appreciated. I wanted to send some pictures along real quick. Melinda has been staying in a side guest room at the hospital for a couple of nights and I have been back and forth and running errands, etc. She will be moved out of the guest room on Tuesday evening, so we will both be doing a lot of running back and forth and trying to keep Grace's life as normal as possible.
This was taken on Monday, January 21st. You can see the IV and other contraptions installed on the back of poor Ryan's head. He has two different IV's and blood taps on his head and another one on his forehead. We feel so bad!
A good shot of the red hair. The nurses were so impressed and one even asked to walk him around to show off his beautiful hair to the other nurses. Grace is so cute in the background, always has to be near her little bro!We have gotten lots of calls and messages of love and support, we are so grateful to have so much support. We will do our best to keep everyone informed, but hopefully he will continue to improve and can come home very soon. We love you all!




19 comments:
Well Congrats on having Ryan! I'm so sorry that things have not been going so well, the poor little guy! We will keep you in our prayers! Good luck, and keep us updated on his progress!
congratulations! I am happy that he is here and we'll pray for a quick recovery so you can get the little guy home! Let us know of you need anything!
congratulations! I am happy that he is here and we'll pray for a quick recovery so you can get the little guy home! Let us know of you need anything!
We are so happy for you! The kids are excited to have another cousin! We'll keep him and his family in our prayers! Love you!
I am so glad that your baby is here! Congrats, and we will keep you in our prayers as well.
Derek -
I found your site through the Kings. Congratulations on your new arrival. That is so fun that he has red hair. I hope that your wife is recovering well. Your little girl is beautiful and she looks like she has the personality to match. Congratulations again.
Melinda (Mann) Cowan
www.thecrazycowans.blogspot.com
We will for sure keep all of you in our prayers and hope that Ryan gets home quickly!
very cute! I love the read hair and thumbs up from Grace:)
what a beautiful baby--little boys with red hair are a special lot! We're sending lots of prayers your way. Love, cousin Emma and her boys
You have a beautiful family! We wish the best for all of you and especially little Ryan. He is so cute and that hair is amazing! You will be in our prayers. We hope he can come home soon. Take care.
The Ellis family.
what an adorable boy! He sure does have a lot of red hair! So cute!
What a beautiful (I mean handsome) little guy! Wishing you the best!
Love,
Jeff, Holly, and kids
What a cutie little baby. We are thinking of you and praying that everything turns out okay. We will check your blog for updates. Melinda, you look awesome! Grace is so sweet, you can just see her excitement! We love you guys.
Oh congratulations, Ryan is Beautiful! And Melinda you look great as well! I'm so sorry he is having some trouble, that can be scary but I'm sure it will all turn out well:) Good luck!:)
Ryan is so adorable! I can't believe all that hair! We are thinking about you guys & hope Ryan gets to go home really soon!
You are all in our prayers and we congratulate you on the new arrival!
Congrats on your latest edition to your family!
I CANNOT believe all that red hair! That is amazing! :) Glad everything is settling down and that Ryan is homw now, your little Grace is the cutest little girl SO animated, what a doll!
CONGRATS!
gracie let me get you nkd and take you to bed I will show you where he came from
Post a Comment