Friday, August 29, 2008

BYU Football Week 1 - BYU will destroy Northern Iowa

Check out the blog each week to see Derek's bold BYU football predictions.

I am really excited to get another awesome season under way. I love BYU and think they have a real shot of making some national noise this year. It is hard to tell until you actually see what they can do, but based on how well they have done the last 2 years and with who they have coming back...could be exciting!

The night before BYU's first game every year is like Christmas Eve...I hope I can sleep tonight~


Well, week 1...BYU opens at home against Northern Iowa, probably the easiest game on their schedule...with the exception of maybe Utah State or UNLV (which ironically play each other tomorrow in the TOILET BOWL OF THE CENTURY)!

BYU should look to get clicking early on offense and acclimate a lot of the new starters on defense. I think they will be hesitant to get starters out even if the lead is huge, especially since it is the first game and they need momentum heading into the tough road game at Washington next week.

Unga should have about 120 yards on the ground and hopefully Hall spreads the ball around to many of his other weapons. Our defense should keep them in the single digits.

PREDICTION: BYU 45 Northern Iowa 9

GO COUGARS!

No comments: