Thursday, December 4, 2008

Grace's School Thanksgiving Celebrations



Grace's teacher did a lot of fun things for Thanksgiving. On Tuesday Ryan, Derek and I went to the school and watched a little play put on by the children. They each had pictures that they had colored and parts that they had memorized. They took turns standing up and reciting their parts. It was so cute. All the children did really well.




Wednesday was the Thanksgiving party and feast. I cooked potatoes, gravy and stuffing for the feast. I had to start cooking at 6:45 in the morning. I lost my appetite until lunch as a result. Stuffing does not smell good in the morning.

They had several different centers at which they made hats and collars, place mats and corn necklaces, paper bag vests and carrot and potato necklaces. I was in charge of the station with the carrot and potato necklaces. There was orange string that we threaded through needles. The children put the carrots and potatoes on the string.




After the centers the children had a short recess and the moms set the table and served the food before the children came back in. They ate the food, mostly just the turkey that another mother cooked. It was a lot of fun.





No comments: