Saturday, July 25, 2009

Reminiscing of Days When I Could Walk...Trip to Michigan!

We are quite behind in our quest to blog and keep ourselves and any interested up to date. Well, as I am sitting here thinking of a recent business trip I took to Michigan back in mid-June, I am remembering how much fun it was to walk (and I emphasize the word WALK) around the University of Michigan campus in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
I was able to go on the trip with my friend, Kurt, who I happen to work with...in addition to being a neighbor to him! We don't normally get to travel together because he is an account manager in the Central Region and I am the business director over the Eastern Region.
But, I was filling in for my Central Region co-worker, so that meant Kurt and I got to travel together. It was fun!
Here I am at the Big House...where the Wolverines play:



This is the University of Michigan Union Building. John F Kennedy gave a very famous speech here in October of 1960, right on the front steps of this building. It is credited with being the place that he first proposed the idea of the Peace Corps and challenged U of Michigan students to participate, it is quite a cool building:

Here I am at the front gates of the big house again. It was a great trip. The meetings and presentations went well and before we headed home we were able to hit the campus nearby, it was well worth it. It was a beautiful day and a fun college campus atmosphere.

Anyway, this is a bit of a catch up post since this wasn't even the most recent business trip I took.

My leg is continuing to heal and I am getting quite comfortable on the crutches. My Dr. appt this past week was great, he said I was healing well and is setting me up with physical therapy. I should be able to resume a semblance of my regular schedule hopefully soon. Thank you all for the calls and thoughts, etc.!!! -DC-



No comments: