On Wednesday we saw Elder Christopher Sessions off to the MTC. It was great to see him briefly and to feel of his amazing excitement and spirit as he heads off on this important journey.
I have to say I have grown quite close to this good man and look up to him, even literally (which didn't used to be the case). I remember the first time I went to meet Melinda's family back in 2001 when we were dating, an energetic and smiling kid named Chris jumped on to my back and I had to carry him around the front yard for a while. Now I am amazed at the growth, both physically and spiritually I have seen in the boy that has turned into a man.
I am impressed by his cheery demeanor, humble spirit, earnest desire to progress and push himself, ability to serve others, and his amazing steadiness.
For the sake of not getting too cheesy, I must also admit that Chris is the little brother I never had. Being the youngest it has been my honor and joy to get to know my younger 'siblings' in Melinda's family where I would truly sit as the oldest. It has given me amazing perspective and plenty of laughs. The brief chance I had to see Chris...sorry...Elder Sessions on Wednesday was much harder on me than I anticipated. I look forward to his letters, thoughts, and introspection as he grows in even more ways during these next 2 years that, first, start in Provo and then continue on to Jakarta Indonesia.
Called to serve! We will miss you, bro, but you are in the right place!

No comments:
Post a Comment