Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Derek's Grandpa Clark

Derek's maternal grandfather passed away Monday morning was revived by the EMT and then died on Tuesday, March 4 around 2:30 in the morning.

His funeral was held on Friday. It was an exhausting, but very beautiful week. Family came in from all over the country. I think it was a symbol of how well he was loved that all, but one grandchild was able to make it. There were many tears shed and many more sweet memories shared. He was a very sweet and humble man. I will miss him very much.




Grace was close to him and loved him very much. She told me at the viewing as we were looking at him that he does not look like himself anymore. I tried to explain to her that his spirit had left his body. She didn't completely understand, but does know that she will not be able to see him at his house anymore. She started crying at the viewing right before the funeral while watching a video that had been put together to honor him.



He was buried in the Provo Cemetery next to Grandma Clark's parents. Grace was named after Annie Grace Miller Stone, Derek's Great Grandma.




I think we all feel a void and feel that we have lost a close friend, grandpa, cheerleader and amazing example.



God be with you till we meet again Grandpa.

No comments: