Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Trying to be like Daddy

This is a picture from Thursday morning during breakfast. It is so cute. (Side note: Ryan has started folding his arms and bowing his head for prayers. It is so cute. He sometimes will kneel down. )


Shortly after this picture was taken I was doing the dishes and Ryan climbed on a kitchen chair and fell off. I didn't think anything of it at first becuase he is always falling. Falling while standing, walking, dancing, climbing, etc. I picked him up and calmed him down. As I put him back down he started to cry again. I, of course, think it is because he loves me so much and wants more hugs. I pick him up and he bcomes more upset, but once I get him settled on my hip he stops crying. I set him back down and he is upset. I pick him up and he is more upset. I figured that maybe something was wrong. I sat him on the counter and took his shirt off and I did not see anything wrong. I call a nurse at the pediatritions office. She told me to push on his collar bone. He was not happy with that. She told me to go to either an Instacare or the E.R.


Anyway, we went to the Instacare. A nurse and I had to pin a hysterical Ryan to the table for Xrays. Not fun. (While pinning him down the nurse suggests that next time I bring my husband. Yeah, because a man with a broken leg and crutches would have been so helpful. I told her that my husband broke his leg and had surgery a week and a half ago. I think that I saw a look of pity in her eye.) The doctor then informed me that Ryan's collar bone was a greenstick break. Nothing to do exept give him motrin. Oh, and don't pick him up under his arm pit. He gets really mad at you. I learn this several times each day.


Ryan has had a lot of fun spending time with Derek.


This is a picture of Derek's leg from last Saturday. It looks better now, but still has a lot of bruising.


He went to work yesterday and stayed until two o'clock. I am glad that he is recovering so well. I would be really happy though if we did not have any more X-rays or scary trips to the Instacare for at least a few months. Grace has been a good nurse to Derek and a great playmate to Ryan. She informed me after these injuries that she is never going to get hurt. YEA!!!

5 comments:

JAMIE said...

let's not emulate daddy anymore! That leg looks awful!! OUCH!

Poor little Ryan! Do they do anything for a broken collar bone?

Aim Aug said...

Poor little guy! I hope they both feel better soon!

Heather said...

I am so sorry about both boys getting injured! What happened to Derek's leg? We are out of the loop now but I am sure someone can fill us in. Hope the recovery is going well and I am glad Ryan checked out ok! Miss seeing you guys.

Heather said...

Ok so Chad informed me that there was a blog post from forever ago about the leg... I am sorry that I am just finally wishing you my best with the healing!!

sambritt said...

Ouch - Sorry D