Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Fat Tuesday -- Mardi Gras tradition

I am obviously not familiar with the traditions of Mardi Gras. But I guess today is Fat Tuesday. One of the traditions on Fat Tuesday, as I (Derek) understand it is that when you eat a King Cake (which is essentially a really big French pastry) they put a little plastic pink baby in the pastry and whomever gets the piece with the baby in it...is the next person to have a baby. Well, today one of my clients brought in a King Cake for the front office to enjoy for Fat Tuesday...and guess who ended up with the baby...


...that's right, yours truly! Having just had a baby join our family only 2 1/2 weeks ago, this was not welcome news. It was, however, quite humorous for everyone else in the office!


The funniest part about this whole thing is hard to determine...is it A) Melinda's reaction when I called her on the phone to tell her...or B) The fact that I was the first to get a piece because I was sure that the baby wouldn't be in the first piece and I just wanted to get it out of the way...oops!

1 comment:

hknight said...

So are yu telling us that there'll be another one coming along in nine months time? That's hillarious!