Ryan turns one month old today. It is crazy to me how fast this last month has gone. Ryan has grown quite a bit. His little thighs are starting to get some meat to them. They are almost pinch-able. He has been working on a double chin, as well. For the most part he is on a consistent schedule. It was his doing, too. He goes to bed around 9 or 9:30 each night then needs a feeding around 4:30 and one around 8:30. He then needs a feeding every couple of hours during the day with several naps in there. He is the best baby!!He is a very sweet boy that tolerates many, many kisses and hugs from Grace. I say tolerate because quite often her hair is in his face and he does not like that. When he has met his limit he makes a little yelping sound that sounds like, "Woman, back away!" The
number of kisses he receives is measured in KPM, kisses per minute. It is somewhere around 45. Last night Grace told me that Ryan has a lot of kisses in his heart. She loves him sooo much.I have decided that his hanging out preference is males. Grace didn't like being held by men(other than Derek), but Ryan loves hanging out with men. The other night he was agitated and my mother and sister, Brittany, could not calm him, but my little brother Joseph held him and he immediately stopped fussing. He does a similar thing with Derek. At the end of each day, around dinner time, Ryan is just agitated. Derek comes home and holds him and he calms right down. It seems like he gets sick of being with girls all day and really likes his "man time" with daddy.
He went to Church yesterday for the first time. We went for Sacrament Meeting and he did great.
Grace has done some funny things lately. She has been big into dressing up. She dressed up as an old woman with high heels, cane (a little bat, which she called a leaning stick), earrings, and a purse. She said, "
Perhaps the old woman would like a snack." It was very funny.She also dressed up as a princess with blankets tied all around her and a cowgirl with a bucket on her head. She would only answer if you called her by the character she was dressed as. We watched Game Plan and she now wants to be a ballerina. She puts on her leotard and tutu and wants to dance to ballerina music.
On Saturday we had a birthday party with a yummy raspberry cheesecake ice cream cake from Coldstone. I appreciate all the family and friends that came by. It was good to see everyone that came. We hiked up Ensign Peak in Salt Lake with my family afterwards. Grace had so much fun and tells me she wants to climb more mountains.
5 comments:
You're kids are so cute:) It was fun to hear you talk about your family... you should post some pictures of them. I'm sure I'd be blown away since Joseph was just a baby I think the last time I saw him!:)
By the way you asked for my email address awhile ago and I never got back to you... it's K.smith@msn.com
I hope things continue to go well!:)
It's crazy how fast the time goes by! I'm loving the red hair!
"perhaps the old woman would like a snack." heehee. She's awesome.
His hair is the cutest. I love it. What a cute little family!
He is so cute! We for sure need to come up and visit sometime. I can't believe all the red hair still. I hope he keeps it. :)
Post a Comment