Sunday, March 30, 2008

Go Braves!!!

The Braves played their season opener tonight. We had a party to celebrate a new season. We had some pizza, root beer, licorice, tootsie rolls, cookies and Bubblicious gum. All four of us were wearing Braves clothing. We already have clothes for Ryan. As soon as Derek found out we were having a boy he bought socks, a hat and an outfit.

Baseball is one of my new loves. This is because of Derek. When we first got married I could not believe how many games were in a season. In the last 6 1/2 years I have traveled to Atlanta to watch the Braves, attended many Bees games and watched even more on TV. I love baseball!!! I love the excitement of a double play, homerun and a close play at the plate. I love being able to spend time outside. I love being able to spend time with my family while watching a game. I love hotdogs at the ballpark. I love cheering for your favorite team to embarrass their rival. Baseball is awesome.

By the way, did you know that they have little hamburgers and hotdogs, buns and all, in the freezer section at the grocery store?




3 comments:

Jana said...

Isn't it amazing what you learn to love once you are married? We can't wait to see you guys when softball starts!

The Johnsons said...

Hi Cullimore Family! I found you through Libby's blog. I can't believe how big Grace is! She was so tiny when I had her in nursery. And your little redheaded guy! How adorable! I have a little one of my own, Lilly. Check out our blog. You won't see many pictures of me so I hope you remember who I am.

Heather Johnson

Jared and Niki said...

Melinda, I didn't know you were such a baseball fan... That's great! In fact, I remember when Niki and I were dating, we went to a baseball game together. She talked about how the batter needed to hit a sacrifice fly so the runner could tag-up and score from 3rd. Husbands are always grateful when their wives enjoy something that they enjoy.