Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Arizona Trip

We had so much fun in Arizona visiting my family. We were down there for five days. It was waaaaaarrrrmmmmmm!!!




We spent a lot of time outside. Every time I asked Grace what she wanted to do she said go to the park.




Ryan ate some sand and




was in heaven when Grandpapa gave him a phone to play with.




Grace opened an ice cream stand. We all ate pretend ice cream. I think mine was toe nail surprise.




Grace spent a lot of time with Hyrum. They read together most nights and sometimes during the day.





On Friday Joseph watched Hyrum, Grace and Ryan



while I went on a date...



with Christopher.
We went to a Valentine's Day barn dance at the Bishop's home. It was fun and a little stressful. I can't dance.




My parents cut a rug.




There was a fire pit and food.




On Saturday my mother cut Joseph, Hyrum then Ryan's hair. It was nice to have someone else do that. Thanks Mom!!




It was funny to see the hair on the floor. The lightest blond is Hyrum, the other is Joseph and Ryan's is red. (I found out from the dictionary that the spelling of "blond" is masculine and "blonde" is feminine.)




One of the parks around my parents home has these poles with platforms that are chained to the ground.




Hyrum and Grace called them bongos. They were so fun!




Christopher made Chicken Cordon Bleu for my birthday dinner. It was so yummy! I ate so much that my tummy hurt.




I knew it was time to go home when Ryan climbed into the suitcase. I could tell that he was really starting to miss his dad. I missed him too.




The children did really well on the airplane. I was so grateful. Ryan started to get upset on the flight home. It was dinner time and he was so tired.





It was so good to be home!! We had a lot of fun and are excited to go back. Grace talks daily about going back and how much she misses Hyrum.

6 comments:

Sharon and John said...

how fun. i am impressed that you took 2 kids on the plane. isn't visiting famiy the best.

Kenna said...

Happy belated birthday! That was fun to see your pictures and read about your trip. I haven't seen your family in so long it was fun to see how grown up Christopher and Joseph are! I'm pretty sure Christopher was like 7 or so and Joseph was more like Ryan when I saw them last! Your mom and dad look just how I remember them:) oh remember the days on St. Andrews!:) My family still calls that house "Sessions old house". Good times:)

Heather said...

I so wish I was somwhere warm..I have such spring fever! What a fun time you guys had with family. I can't believe your little guy already turned one. Time goes by so fast!!Take care.

Laura said...

Sonds like a fun trip and I am glad you got to see your family! You are very brave to take two kids on a plane by yourself! What a woman!! Hope your birthday was a good one, glad you are back safe and sound!

Karen said...

What? You were in AZ and didn't even call??? JK. I know how busy things get when you're with your family. We'd love to see you next time you're in town! Happy Birthday - a lot late!

Ang Ballard said...

I'm glad you had fun but I'm glad you came home too! Too bad you're leaving again this week ;0(. (Okay- I'll try to be happy for you ;0)!)