Saturday, February 28, 2009

Dwight...not quite right!

As you can see...Dwight had a rough spill recently. I (Derek) absolutely love The Office TV show and was given this Dwight bobble head a few years ago. Ryan found his way to it, as he does with everything in the house, and thought he would play with Dwight. Well, long story short...Dwight doesn't have a head anymore.

Melinda and I tried fixing it with some super glue, but with the neck being so skinny and it bouncing all the time, it just broke again when I tried transporting him from our house to my office. So...it was time to say goodbye to a dear friend...goodbye Dwight! I will still catch you in person on Thursday nights and, perhaps, I will not creep out as many people at the same time by having you in my office.

One of the best scenes of all time:

Jim Halpert: [dressed as Dwight Schrute] Question: What kind of bear is best?

Dwight Schrute: That's a ridiculous question.

Jim Halpert: False. Black bear.


Dwight Schrute: That's debatable. There are basically two schools of thought...


Jim Halpert: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.


Dwight Schrute: Bears do not...what is going on? What are you doing? Well, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, so I thank you.
(Jim pulls a bobble head on his desk)
Dwight Schrute: Identity theft is not a joke, Jim! Thousands of families suffer every year!

Jim Halpert: Michael!

Dwight Schrute: Oh, that's funny. Michael!

3 comments:

Ang Ballard said...

I know someone that could help you give a proper memorial service for Dwight-the-bobble-head... ;0)

Sharon and John said...

i too share your love for the office. that episode is one of my favorites too!

Heather said...

I totally have to have Chad read this post...he is HUGE fan of the office too! That is so sad about Dwight...Nothing is off limits with babies once they are mobile right??