Friday, October 3, 2008

BYU Beats Down Aggies!

BYU 34-USU 14

It was a fun night. We had our friends, Kurt and Alanna, over to watch the BYU game with us. It really was a beat down from the beginning. BYU was up 24-0 before anyone had a chance to even breathe. It was awesome to watch the classless Aggie fans chant "Overrated" the whole time the game was going on. Obviously they have no opinion of their own team, they are never going to grow as a program if they are satisfied by 'only' losing by 20. There can be no moral victory taken from that. They only scored in the 4th quarter when BYU had subs and 4th stringers in there, etc. Also, I really liked it when the Aggie fans were seen on the camera flipping off the BYU players and BYU fans. Nice! Stay classy, Logan!

Here are Kurt and Alanna decked out in their BYU gear! They are Fully Invested!

This is a picture Grace took, she took most of these pictures by the way. She has really become fascinated with the camera and is getting better at taking pictures. Anyway, she shot this one of the TV screen when the score was 27-0 it looks like.

Ryan wanted some camera time with Kurt and Alanna.

-Here is Melinda taking in the action-

Ryan loving the game!

Let's take a bite out of those Aggies!

I had my prediction from the previous post where I predicted BYU would win 55-3, obviously I was off a little bit. BYU played too sloppy at times and you do have to give the Aggies credit for fighting even when they were behind 34-0.

We also took down everyone's predictions, here is what we had:

Kurt said BYU 52-0 (point difference of 32)
Grace said BYU 11-6 (point difference of 29)
Alanna said BYU 56-6 (point difference of 28)
Derek said BYU 55-3 (point difference of 24)
but...
Melinda was the WINNER! She said BYU 43-12 (point difference of only 11!)

GO COUGS...TIME TO BEAT DOWN THE NEW MEXICO LOBOS NEXT WEEK!

1 comment:

Jared and Niki said...

NOTE: If you are a BYU fan, you may not want to read this. You may get offended. But, I've been offended by all the blinded BYU fans for years, and if you can say it, so can I.

Hmmm... Interesting post, Derek. As an Aggie Alum, I'm not sure I agree with your viewpoints. Yes, I totally agree that BYU is a superior team to USU. And yes, I also thought BYU would win quite easily. But, I think you may be just a little biased and blinded by your love for BYU. By the way, remind me, are you an alum of BYU? I can't remember.

Anyway, I agree that the Aggie fans' chants of overrated is a bit silly. But, at least I take solice in the fact that USU was able knock BYU down in the rankings. So, does that mean they were overrated?

See, and here's the problem I have with BYU fans. If you were to ask them to predict a score for a BYU vs. USC or BYU vs. Oklahoma game, they would say things like, 45 - 3 or 35 - 7. They are fans of BYU and are not necessarily fans of football.

Finally, here's what you've got to understand... I'm not really anti-BYU. Nor, am I absolutely pro-USU. In fact, I can't even tell you who USU is playing this week. Instead, I would simply consider myself a huge college football fan without bias. Well, on second thought, actually I am a bit biased... biased toward the SEC. I'd love for BYU to play in the SEC and see how they would do week to week and year to year.

So, enjoy your wins over teams like Wyoming, New Mexico, and Utah State. And, go ahead and keep talking about how BYU is number 1. We'll just have to wait until the end of the season before that argument is settled.

Jared