Monday, October 20, 2008

Random Ramblings...and pictures of the new 'do'

Many of you requested pictures of Melinda's hair. I couldn't really find any from after she got her hair done except for a few Grace took with the camera of her and Ryan. They are cute pictures. So, I will include those along with other recent pictures taken and a brief update on what is going on with all of us:

Ryan is starting to sleep all the way through the night, for the most part, with only an occassional "hello" in the middle of the night. He is, however, in some pain because of multiple incoming teeth. He is also really all over the place getting into everything. He will be walking in the next month or so, most likely. He is so much fun!

Grace is continuing to LOVE kindergarten and loved spending her fall break with Uncle Hyrum and the gang. She is reading so well and is learning all sorts of fun Halloween songs at school, too. She is a determined little girl and is a VERY good big sister!

Melinda is adjusting to being a 'widow' at church with the new calling requiring me at other wards. She didn't get to sit with me at church anyway, but she used to be able to see from the congregation and I miss seeing them. Sundays are quite different. She has been continuing to work out early in the morning and is a terrific wife and mother!

I spoke in the spanish ward yesterday and it was quite the experience. It was my first time speaking in my new assignment and because it needed to be translated from English to Spanish, I had to provide them with a copy of the talk ahead of time. It was very different, I don't ever write my talks out word for word, so it was unique. I think it went well, though. I was happy to have Melinda and Ryan there to support me and my speaking companion, Mike Evans, is a good friend and neighbor from the ward (he is in the Stake Sunday School Presidency), so that was nice too.

Hope you are all doing well and preparing for Halloween and, therefore, very cold weather coming up very soon!

Adios! (see I did pick up some Spanish yesterday :)

No comments: