Sunday, October 5, 2008

Sugar's Birthday

When Grace woke up this morning she told me it is Sugar's birthday. Grace wanted to throw him a party in the kitchen. I guess Sugar is turning two today, but this is his first party. When Sugar was born his parents gave him to Brittany (My sister). Brittany felt that Grace would be able to take care of him the best. Sugar is nocterminal (nocturnal) and needs a lot of care. He loves Grace and is glad that his parents gave him up.




Grace got Sugar from my sister the weekend I miscarried several years ago. Brittany helped Grace name him Sugar. Grace took him to the hospital with her and held onto him all weekend. I was so grateful that Brittany felt the need to get Grace something because it brought her comfort during that rough weekend.

Sugar is a fuchsia colored bear. He lives on Grace's bed. She sleeps with him at night because Dolly has to sleep in her own bed.

No comments: